Monday, April 24, 2006

Once she spoke

And this dilation recedes like the contact I receive
barely audible over the roaring of fighter planes high above the trees
a familiarity of shapes swelling inside like a necessity
of passion and interest that I urge myself to remind you of uneasily

with glee, she'd dance on the concrete and streets
seeing no one and in that being utterly free
imaginings of bubbles and leaves that fall so delicately
and she could catch them..
she could see beyond their meager reality

And this retraction like a mistaken action I impede
no amount of sorry's can ever equal your innocent pleas
a generation of negative hostility lends me time to learn to grieve
A sorrow of forgotten losses and the search for a tomorrow that's possibly in reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home