Sunday, June 11, 2006

A breath of fresh air

I have been so blind
blind to love & bound to fate
we stay up late
& too soon its too early
& time to sleep
so silently
after the smoke has cleared away
& the bubbles have resided
& the leaves stir drowsily
i watch the colours merge
pushed up from their slumbers
urged in secret stealth

how black becomes blue
& blue becomes grey
how pale pastels can seem
when everything is shrouded in the mountains veil
pink becomes orange
orange becomes sky
& no words from our language
could describe how sweetly the birds cry
& if i had a tear to wipe from my eye
i'd say
"listen boys,
how this moment has changed our lives"
& i'd hope they say "yes"
it doesnt matter what seems to matter
the sunrise knows best
& this beating in my chest
i'll play along like i know best
& capture this memory
to plant in my dreams when i rest
& when i awaken
may it bring a surprise
a breath of fresh air
to these gorgeous boy's lives
& if i had a tear to wipe from my eye
it would be for the way the birds sing
when i cry

for michael & yuray & me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home