Saturday, April 29, 2006

Toxic honey

you are like an exotic holographic ghost playing in my dreams
yet when i wake up there are traces left of where you've pulled at my seams
& it all seems like somewhere i might have once been
because when i read your words i have memories of things i've never seen
& so you lay your hands out in front of me
show me a heart so rich im too transfixed to start running
and this is how we make love, this universal language
of rummaging in the dumpsters of our bones and skin
and creating conversations we dont have to finish or begin
just precious moments clinging closer to our human kin
so i keep digging
& hoping all the while you'll bring me more of your sentences on a string
which i'll wrap around my neck at night so i can see you flicker once more in my dreams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home