Friday, May 12, 2006

Did he poison me?

i wake up and its dark but there are birds and noises that stir memories that are tear stained and blurred
its like an excavation of my words and thoughts tipped out for all to walk on
i feel suffocated and squashed and that i've lost a vital part in what it means to go on
i cant love for im afraid to let go i've lost more than my eyes and my voice
i've lost you
i can drag myself up though and walk across desert valleys so white in the sun its like snow
to an old ruined castle made of stone on my own
and inside are the animals that hide and a little turtle friend of mine
the only soul here i've met who can take their time
im rushed into waking up
prodded and asked whats wrong
followed and scrutinised and told half lies to put cloth over my eyes
but i already realise what is going on here and i've already left all my doubts worry and fear
im becoming like you and you're scared
this is true so you hurry to send me off into the oceans blue
not rubbish strewn with body parts and kids with guns half their size
and that hollow sad look that rots out their eyes
are we still all human here or do you make that distinction fed by the governments lies
and i've barely even cried
im becoming like them
its in my blood anyway to be cold to my own friends
to have armour and strength even when i just want it to end
just a cuddle from a loved one or a love song in the backround
and i've found that in time we can adapt to anything
and if this is a gift of mine i'd prefer it stay hidden
im learning new languages but poetry sounds harsh with it
i feel my knowledge has been abused a bit
im bruised and have ached for weeks
im leaking pure lust here but like this desert land it turns to dust and disapears
like the salty sand it soaks up all my escaping tears
did he poison me or is that you're own fear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home